27 March 2012

"Prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

To be honest, my mind has been blown and my heart is full of awe and love. Really, I feel unworthy of how amazing my Heavenly Father has been to me. Seriously. I feel like he is just giving me things and giving me things and I think my friend, Ben, said it best when he quoted Malachi 3:10, when the Lord says, "Prove me now herewith...if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." At times, I feel uncomfortable when people give me gifts of compliments, so I don't know how to react right now. Let me explain...
  1. I have been given this dream job, where I was told a few weeks ago that during the first year of employment, I would be sent to live in Missouri, Italy, Brazil, and China. I know, right? I'm still waiting for them to call me back and yell "Gottcha!" (Yes. Being offered a chance to travel the world is exciting, and I cannot wait for the many adventures that await. But I'm still looking forward to settling down in a year to more permanent location)
  2. I went to visit my mission this past week. Words cannot describe how amazing that was. Literally. I'm not even going to try right now. All I can really verbalize is it was exactly what I needed and wanted. I love the people of Northern California. 
  3. I got a call from my boss yesterday and he say, "Natasha, there is this great project going on and I want you to be a part of it. We're going to have to change your plan around. I want you to not go to Missouri right now, but go to the UK and the Czech Republic." It was a little funny, because I got an email from him earlier to call him when I have time, and my immediate thought was, "Oh no. What did I do?" Silly me. I didn't do anything. So when I heard the news, I was so excited; I couldn't believe it. So now, I'm going to be sent to England for a bit and then the Czech Republic and then to Missouri. Seria una fiesta.
  4. I walked into institute 5 minutes late and sat down between two people I haven't really talked to before. Then I hear a girl behind me announce that she is from Sacramento, so I turned to say that I served in Woodland. When I turned around, the girl looked really familiar. I realized that I was looking at Jessica, a girl I knew when I was 16 for one week and have had of-and-on communication with over the past decade(ish). After class we just hugged and I was super excited. She invited me to go to lunch with her and her brother, and we just headed off into the sunset. (hyperbole. it was around 3pm.) So I went over to hang out with her for a few hours. It's amazing how after around 7-8 years of not seeing each other, it was as if no time had passed. It was a real life Alma and the sons of Mosiah experience. It was really to my astonishment, I met Jessica...and I did rejoice exceedinglye to see her, and what added more to my joy, she was still my sister in the Lord (see Alma 17:1-2). She's amazing and wonderful. We shared mission stories and life stories, and it was a great reunion.
Really. I feel so spoiled with how much the Lord is opening the windows of heaven and pouring out blessings. I am so happy right now, even if I still have 40 pages of textbook reading to do tonight, along with some PowerPoint slides I need to create and an essay to edit. I am so happy right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment