29 May 2012

I love being a Love

Auckland was great. I loved being there. I was told that people usually love it or hate it there, but it is said people only hate Auckland because they're small town people. Truth. I'm a city girl, and I loved it.
I loved the bakery bread we ate with meals. And Uncle Malcolm making sure I had my toast and butter with my breakfast every morning. I loved how Aunt Mary was so sassy with everything she said and did. It was a great time to go there and get to know more of my family. The Loves, my gran's family, moved away from each other a while ago. It was a 6 week boat ride for Uncle Malcolm and Aunt Mary to come from Scotland to New Zealand. Crazy. So I love it when I meet a fellow Love and get to know my dad's aunts and uncles because they are sassy Scottish. It's defiantly where I get some of my more stubborn personality traits. Plus, there's always that nagging feeling wishing that we got to get the last name Love too. So cool! But one of my Love cousins told me one time that a lot of people don't believe that's really her last name. Oh well.

Anyways, it was great to be there and meet my family in New Zealand. It was sad leaving. But Saryah will be there for a bit longer and enjoy it for me as I go to Germany for the summer.
And the pic above is of me, Aunt Mary, and Uncle Malcolm making hearts. I think Uncle Malcolm had the most difficult time doing it :) but I wanted to do it because we're Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment